“All motions may be accelerated and retarded, but the flowing of absolute time is not liable to any change,” Isaac Newton
So if you believe that time is real or just an illusion, 2020 is knocking at the door. We can treat it like a beloved guest or like a thief depending on our mindset, skill set, and our vision of the future. Viktor Frankl the author of Man’s Search For Meaning https://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Meaning-Viktor-Frankl/dp/080701429X simply states that the main driving force for us humans is to experience meaning. Meaning together with our unique human ability to choose our reaction no matter the circumstances is a true superpower. It helped Viktor survive Auschwitz. It can help you make a difference and raise your game if you let it.
I feel obliged to share with you some of my greatest lessons from 2019, failures, reflections, best books, podcasts, people that have influenced me in a positive way and much more. Maybe you can find something of value that will help you on your own journey and share it on. We are all connected. Clarity leads to more unity.
I have been tracking my actions for 10 years now by using Living Your Best Year Ever Journal created by my mentor and friend Darren Hardy (https://darrenhardy.com/)
Why? Because shit happens to everyone that will make you lose focus, run after shinning objects and lose track of what it’s really important to do on a daily basis in order to get what you truly desire. What is easy to do, it’s just as easy not to do. What I also like is having the power of the compound effect on my side, meaning the the outcome of my daily actions will exponentially compound into greater and greater results over a longer period of time. I highly recommend you check it out: https://store.darrenhardy.com/products/living-your-best-year-ever
So this year after tracking my actions for the entire 2019 I would like to start with the areas I really need improvement. Have a look and see if you are already doing some of these things well enough.
- Forgive people that did me wrong
- Cardio Training every week
- No more TV than for an hour/day
- Undisturbed quality sleep for 8 hours/day
- Be home with family on time every day
- Having a completely detailed budget and sticking to it
- Having a professional designed and diversified financial portfolio
- Saving at least 10 percent of my income every month
- Becoming credit card debt-free
- Having a six month reserve account completely funded and set aside
- Having an updated and complete last will and testament
- Having the needed insurance and financial plan in place for my family should something happen to me
- Having a detailed retirement plan that will accommodate exactly what I need to live as I desire after retirement and for the rest of my life
- Living below my means and never spend money imprudently
- Studying my spiritual beliefs every day
- Teaching my spiritual beliefs every day
- Living completely in accordance with my spiritual beliefs
- Consistently using my spirituality to help resolve my problems
- Seeking instructional information in my field every day
- Never engaging in gossip
- Always say no to requests or obligations that don’t fit my core values or objectives
- Attending cultural events at least 2 times/month
- Vacation at least once a year with no work communications
- Being completely present in every moment of every day
10 GREATEST HAPPENINGS FROM 2019
- I attended the MasterMind Cruise http://themastermindcruise.com/together with my friends and business partners, Anders Karlsson, Nicolas Andreasson, Claes Blomqvist representing our swedish biotech company Cellements (www.biopocket.com)
- I build and delivered a successful workshop/event called UnLeash Your Book in Malmö (www.powscandinavia.com) together with Karen Hoisington from Singapore. One of the attendees Dana Simovic actually came out with her first book with Karens coaching. You can read more about Dana here: http://www.danasimovic.com/sv/and if you also have a book dying to come out contact Karen Hoisington and she will make sure it becomes a reality. http://www.datumbranding.com/whoweare/
- I took over ten years of experience and boiled it down to 3 seminars: The Generation Switch (How to attract and develop the potential of Gen Y and Gen Z), Relational IQ (Discover the proven strategies behind how to connect with people of high value and learn how to build and sustain powerful networks) and The Leverage Factor (Learn how to identify and focus on the activities that get you the biggest return on investment ROI)
- I got accepted as a mentor for Singularity University https://su.org/ and was blown away but the entrepreneurs using technology to exponentially improve the lives of so many people around the world
- I managed to become a Founding Partner at our swedish biotech company Cellements: www.cellements.com
- I launched a new venture called Frank Bloom that is already making a difference within Recruitement/Joint Ventures/Capital Sourcing and it is highly rewarding
- I attended the UnTold Festival in Cluj/Transylvania for the very first time. If you like EDM music, check out the aftermovie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8XG9UxtOQ
- I have stabilised my company cashflow
- I agreed to a joint venture for my second book Don’t Follow The White Rabbit together with the owner of swedish the publishing company BuenaVida: Fredric Backnert https://www.buenavida.se/
- I had my first guided spiritual journey The Golden Teacher which shattered a lot of the misconceptions and fears I had before.
3 GREATEST LESSONS I’VE LEARNED IN 2019
- Focus on my strengths and high paying, high-value assignments
- Love, Gratitude, Integrity should always guide everything I do
- Develop and optimize concepts that I have full control over
By tracking your daily actions you will know exactly what is happening or why something is not happening yet.
These are some of the activities I tracked in 2019:
20/20/20 (20 minutes reading, 20 minutes training, 20 minutes meditation) : 364 times
Contacting new prospects: 556 contacts (increase with 407 contacts from previous year)
Training: 7280 push ups
Meditation: 364 times
Cellements: 277 activities directly connected to growing the business
Wimhof: 600 ice cold showers
5 AM Club: 24 times I got up at 5 a clock in the morning
Journaling: 364 times
Books: 7 books
Audio: 104 hours
BEST BOOKS 2019:
- Tools of Titans (Insights) by Tim Ferris
- Tools of Titans (Success) by Tim Ferris
- 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson
- Direct Selling Success by Randy Gage
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- SuperHuman by Dave Asprey
I would recommend you start with these 3:
- SuperHuman by Dave Asprey https://www.amazon.com/Super-Human-Bulletproof-Backward-Forever/dp/0062882821
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive/dp/0062457713
- 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma https://www.amazon.com/AM-Club-Morning-Elevate-Life/dp/1443456624
BEST AUDIO 2019:
London Real Podcast with Brian Rose https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/london-real/id474722933
HardCore History with Dan Carlin https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
The Tim Ferris Show with Tim Ferris https://tim.blog/podcast/
BEST QUOTES OF 2019:
5 AM Club-Robin Sharma: “Obstacles are nothing more than tests designed to measure how seriously you want the rewards that your ambitions seek”
J.K Rowling: ” It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all-in which case, you fail by default”
William Penn: ” I expect to pass through life but once. If therfore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing that I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again”
BEST ARTICLES OF 2019:
Mastering the Non-Logical arts: https://www.success.com/mastering-the-non-logical-arts/?fbclid=IwAR0rlZx6Z3X_sdnFNmOF-kry36eirOFNRWo05qk08mvItypy2rzrVploS_M
The Flywheel Effect by Jim Collins: https://www.jimcollins.com/concepts/the-flywheel.html?fbclid=IwAR17QZJx-xS67eFlIWDNDxaTNu_XQMJisnURStnQfDi4aJheH7Aih1RN9jk
These are the relationships I seek to expand on in 2020 (both resonated with me in a very special way and I really think they are great humans).
Nir Eyal: American author, lecturer and investor known for his bestselling book, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products.
David Meltzer: David Meltzer is the CEO of Sports 1 Marketing and formerly served as CEO of the renowned Leigh Steinberg Sports & Entertainment agency, which was the inspiration for the movie Jerry Maguire.
If you don’t already have an accountability partner I highly recommend you get one!
Why? Having someone that can keep you accountable, exchange ideas and help you be your best is imperative.
I have had the privilege to be connected to my accountability partner Dr. Antonio Soler for 7 straight years now! I am so thankful. If you want to find out more about Antonio and his amazing work regarding health and nutrition: https://www.linkedin.com/in/antonio-soler-m-d-0a63025a/
As usual I want to thank everyone that has helped me and inspired me:
My wife Michélle, my grandfather Vasile Moldovan, my grandmother Georgeta, my father Dr.Vasile Salagean, my business partner Claes Blomqvist, Anders Karlsson CEO of Cellements, Nicolas Andreasson, my great friend Sami Sulieman Plexian, my beast from the middle east, great friend Johannes Ekblad Fenix and my spiritual guide Mats Lundberg and obviously Dr.Antonio Soler my accountablity partner.
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LET’S DO BETTER AND BETTER IN 2020!