“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time“
– Leo Tolstoy
The world has changed. It will never go back to the old ways. Where we take it from here depends on our ability to adapt, navigate and listen not only to information but also to our inner voice and intuition.
This phenomenon is of course nothing new, change has always been a part of our evolution. Sudden change often creates distress and tension. But it also forces us to look in the mirror and ask ourselves who we really are, do we live in accordance to our values and how much are we willing to sacrifice for a better outcome while protecting our golden shine from erosion. Because once your golden shine is gone, than it is gone. The erosion doesn’t happen in an instant, but over a longer period of time. It is the golden shine that allows you to grow, that ignites your creativity and inspiration and lastly helps you to pass on the glow to others thus creating loops of prosperity. Now is the time to step up, swim far, dive deep and trust the process. No more hiding.
So again I would like to share some of the best ideas, lessons, books, podcasts, articles, documentaries for 2021. Hopefully you will find something that will help ignite a spark within you helping you on your own journey ahead. This compilation is special as it marks 11 years of compounding results for me while tracking my progress on a daily basis. It has taken a lot more time to go back, reflect, analyze and distillate and even though I can’t present you with all the information, I can give you just enough to get a clear picture of the magical effect it can have on your life once you decide to play the long game.
SUMMARY LIVING YOUR BEST YEAR EVER
This is the system Darren Hardy has used for more than 25 years to design, stick to and achieve his own big goals. Included in this annual journal is a step-by-step, week-by-week Achievement Management System™️ which will act as your GPS guidance system all year long. Using the Achievement Management System every week give you an edge over everyone else that is just drifting through life. The objective is simple but powerful. Apply the Pareto Principle or the 20/80 Rule (The 80-20 rule, also known as the Pareto Principle, is an aphorism which asserts that 80% of outcomes (or outputs) result from 20% of all causes (or inputs) for any given event. In business, a goal of the 80-20 rule is to identify inputs that are potentially the most productive and make them the priority) to define the key daily/weekly activities that have the biggest impact on your personal goals and then execute on them consistently while tracking your results.
TEN GREATEST HAPPENINGS FROM 2021
- Spiritual Retreat at the beginning of the year. This helped me bring clarity about my own inner feelings about some very important decisions that I needed to make. Love, gratitude and integrity should always be a part of my life for optimal effects. Rhythm was another component that proved to be a revelation. It is not always about making the right call as much as it is about you staying in rhythm. If you stay in rhythm or the flow of things everything is perfect anyway.
- I started to run on a more consistent basis and for the first time ever I started to do kettle bell training. The effects of running and kettle bell training are awesome and it doesn’t require me to train 2 hours/day or prepare heavily. That allows me to stay consistent which is much more important and beneficial long term.
- I accepted the role as Head of Partnerships at Fenix Funeral and Law www.fenixbegravning.se which has allowed for an ongoing collaboration with a vibrant company that is disrupting the status quo. Being surrounded by people that are both smarter and better than me is always the environment that I am actively seeking.
- I conducted a grand total of 5 months without drinking any alcohol, while focusing on training, meditation and self-development that give you an edge.
- My grandfather had a vascular accident and I managed to give him all the support needed. He survived and is now back to normal. This is a true privilege, to be able to serve those who took care of you!
- We had and intense but exciting family trip to Stockholm and Ystad for the first time, while our daughter Adeline got to experience life on the train.
- I built and launched a new digital course that is now live with the first participants that getting certified just before Christmas. This will be epic during 2022.
- Summer 2021 has been amazing together with family and friends. Spending late evenings at the sea with my family created unforgettable memories and celebrating our daughter’s first birthday in July was the best gift.
- Investing the time and resources to stay relevant by enrolling in Business Master Class with my mentor Darren Hardy. https://go.darrenhardy.com/business-master-class/
- Helped launch our model of freelance funeral advisors in the UK with a digital certification course and came in contact with a new market and very interesting people.
3 GREATEST LESSONS OF 2021
- Your energy is precious and must be planned for. Your ability to perform, stay present, create and help others is all connected to the level of your energy, physically, emotionally and mentally. The older you get the more you have to plan for activities and behaviours that add to your energy level.
- Protect your golden shine from erosion by staying true to your self and your life-mission. Don’t overthink but instead strive to stay in rhythm.
- Get relative (life) with the inevitable (death). We are all going to die someday that is inevitable. But what happens in between is relative and we do have some control over how we design that part.
By tracking your daily actions you will know exactly what is happening or why something is not happening yet. These are some of the activities I tracked in 2021:
20/20/20 (20 minutes reading, 20 minutes training, 20 minutes meditation) : 339 times
New Connections: 848 new contacts (457 more contacts than 2020)
Training: 339 times (13 560 push-ups, 40 push ups/day)
Meditation: 302 times
Running & 50 sit – ups per round: 141 times (7050 sit – ups)
6 point list: every day I outlined my top 6 priorities/activities connected to my banner goals for the year. At the end of the year I manage to successfully do 286 activities. This is truly the essence, 286 actions are responsible for everything that happened this year!
Cold Showers: 728 ice cold showers. “In Cold We Trust” Read more about the benefits and get after it: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/
Daily Journaling: 300 times
- Green Lights by Matthew McConaughey: https://greenlights.com/
- Sell Like Crazy by Sabri Subi: https://selllikecrazybook.com/free/
- Your Music and People by Derek Sivers: https://sive.rs/m
- Hold On to Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld/Gabor Mate: https://drgabormate.com/book/hold-on-to-your-kids/
- Effortless by Greg McKeown: https://gregmckeown.com/books/effortless/
– Digerdöden– när skräcken kom till Europa
– Vlad III Pålspetsaren– verklighetens Dracula
– Sacagawea– amerikanernas vägvisare genom vildmarken
– Leonardo da Vinci –historiens största snille
– Dag Hamarskjöld– med världen på sina axlar
– Gustav V – tennis, kärlekssorg och förlorad kungamakt
– Signe Bergman– och systrarna i rösträttskampen
– Jospehine Baker – superstjärnan som blev spion
– Mozart– från spralligt underbarn till plågat vuxengeni
– Kejsar Augustus– Romarrikets landsfader
– Grace O’Malley– legendarisk piratdrottning
– Karl X Gustav–stormaktskungen som trotsade isarna över Bält
– Malin Matsdotter–levande bränd på häxbålet
– Rani Lakshmibai–levande bränd på häxbålet
– Drottning Victoria–imperialist, landsmoder och evig trendsättare
– Knut den store– Vikingakungen som tog Europa med storm
– Selma Lagerlöf– kärlek, kvinnor och banbrytande konst
– Martin Luther King– kampen, drömmen och det brutala motståndet
– Maximilien Robespierre– den franska revolutionens mest fruktade man
– Lasse Maja– stortjuven som skiftade gestalt
– Malinche – slavflickan som blev nyckeln till aztekriket
– Nostradamus– stjärnskådaren som skrev in sig i evigheten
– Ester Blenda Nordström– risktagande reporter med bultande hjärta
TOP 3 P3 Historia:
1. Josephine Baker – superstjärnan som blev spion
2. Lasse Maja– stortjuven som skiftade gestalt
3. Grace O’Malley– legendarisk piratdrottning:
– Flygkraschen i Alperna
– Terrosyskonen och IS
– Mordet på Kim Jong- uns halvbror
– Docklands –rejv, knark och en OS-bomb
– Terroratackerna den 11 september
– Osmo Vallo och det dödliga polisvåldet
– Gängskjutningen på Vår krog och bar
– Wikileaks och Julian Asange
– Terroratacken på Utoya
– Kriget mot den sicilianska maffian
– Tvångssteriliseringarna och lobotomierna
– Kidnappningen i Angola
– Jakten på Usama bin Ladin
TOP 3 P3 Dokumentär
1. Terrorattacken på Utoya
2. Tvångssteriliseringarna och lobotomierna
3. Kriget mot den sicilianska maffian
– Lewis Hamilton – Formel 1 –mästarens kamp
– Heath Ledger –Slocknad stjärna och Hollywoods hopp
– Jordan Peterson –Maskulinitet, kött och livsregler
– Bruce Lee – Den mytomspunne kampsportslegenden
TOP 3 P3 ID:
1. Bruce Lee – Den mytomspunne kampsportslegenden
2. Heath Ledger –Slocknad stjärna och Hollywoods hopp
3. Lewis Hamilton – Formel 1 –mästarens kamp
– Crypto Wars
– The Birth of Vegas
– SpaceX vs Blue Origin
TOP 1 Business Wars
1. The Birth of Vegas
The Tim Ferris Show:
– Master Magician David Blaine– Fear(less) with Tim Ferris
– Paul Conti, MD– How Trauma Works and How to Heal from it
– Sir James Dyson– Founder of Dyson and Master Inventor on How to Turn the Mundane into Magic
– Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia on Homeschooling, Atheism, Understanding Financial Markets
– Jeffrey Madoff– Dealmaking, The Hidden Persuaders, Working with Ralph Lauren and Finding the Secret to Life in the Mojave Desert
– Anne Lemot on Taming Your Inner Critic, Finding Grace, and Prayer
– Francoise Bourzart– The Maven of Consciousness Medicine
– Dr. Peter Attia on Longetivity Drugs, Alzheimer’s Disease and the 3 Most Important Levers to Pull
– Chris Bosh on How to Reinvent Yourself, The Way and The Power, the Poison of Complaining, Leonardo da Vinci and More
– Sebastian Junger– Seeking Freedom, Near-Death Experiences, and Reordering Your Place in the World
– Jacqueline Novogratz on Building Acumen, How to (Actually) Change the World, Speaking Your Truth and The Incredible Power of Dumb Questions
– George Mumford, Mindfulness Coach to Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant on Awareness, Compassionate Action, The Dizziness of Freedom and much more
– Steven Pressfield – How to Overcome Self – Sabotage and Resistence, Routines for Little Successes and The Heroe’s Journey vs The Artist’s Journey
– Katie Haun on the Dark Web, Gangs, Investigating Bitcoin, and The New Magic of ”Nifties”
– Marc Randolph on building Netflix, Battling Blockbuster, Negotiating with Amazon/Bezos and Scraping the Barnacles of The Hull
– David Rubenstein, Co-Founder of The Carlyle Group, on Lessons Learned
– Michael Phelps and Grant Hackett– Two Legends on Competing, Overcoming Adversity, Must-Read Books
– Dr. Stefi Cohen– 25 World Records, Power Training, Deadlifting 4.4x Bodyweight, Sports Psychology, Overcoming Pain, and More
TOP 3 TIM FERRIS SHOW EPISODES
1. Jacqueline Novogratz on Building Acumen, How to (Actually) Change the World, Speaking Your Truth and The Incredible Power of Dumb Questions
2. Michael Phelps and Grant Hackett– Two Legends on Competing, Overcoming Adversity, Must-Read Books
3. Chris Bosh on How to Reinvent Yourself, The Way and The Power, the Poison of Complaining, Leonardo da Vinci and More
Books I will focus on during 2022
1. Covid 19: The Great Reset by Klaus Schwab
2. Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell
3. Hands of light by Miquel Ruiz
4. The book of forgiving – Desmond Tutu
5. The Truth about Covid 19 by Dr. Joseph Mercola
“Compounding has a snowball effect. It is just a tiny ball of snow at the very start, but it can turn into an avalanche over time.”
― Naved Abdali
11 YEAR COMPILATION CELEBRATION REPORT
The deeper you dive into the ocean the higher the possibility of you encountering rare species of marine life that have kept their secrets hidden from the surface.
I have compounded and tracked my results for 11 straight years now. You could argue that I have completed my basic training. Before I start with my advanced training that will take another 11 years, I will share with you a 11 Year Compilation Celebration Report. I am not only doing this for you but also for me, it is imperative that you take a break, reflect and look back at what the essence of what you have been doing is so you can set a better sail going forward.
11 Year Celebration of Compounding & Tracking
Total number of people with a direct interaction: 3167 ppl
Training: 86 940 push – ups
Wimhof Cold Showers: over 2056 showers /started in 2018
Meditation 5 minutes/day: 3640 times
Books:151 books on leaderships, business and personal development + 1000 + hours of audio + lots of books on history and sci fi
List of Top 100 books:
1. The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by Esther and Jerry Hicks
2. The Greatness Guide by Robin Sharma
3. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
4. Tell to Win: Connect,Persuade and Triumph with the Hidden Power of story by Peter Guber
5. When Good Intentions Run Smack into Reality by Brian Klemmer
6. Rebounders by Rick Newman
7. Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
8. The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
9. Self Power by Deepak Chopra
10. The Secret of Success by Eric Thomas
11. Y-Size your Business by Jason Dorsey
12. The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
13. GoPro by Eric Worre
14.The Force by Stuart Wilde
15. The Dalai Lama’s Cat by David Michie
16. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
17. 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
18. The Icarus Deception by Seth Godin
19. Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences by Nancy Duarte
20. The Art of Influence by Chris Widener
21. Three Feet from Gold by Napoleon Hill
22. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
23. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
24. Risky is the New Safe by Randy Gage
25. The Strangest Secret by Earl Nighthingale
26. Screw Business as Usual by Richard Branson
27. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
28. The Shadow Effect by Debbie Ford, Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williamson
29. The Dangerous Book of Heroes by Conn Iggulden
30. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary V
31. Entanglement by Gregg Braden
32. Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan
33. Quantum Entanglement by Jed Brody
34. The Turning Point by Gregg Braden
35. Success for Teens by John Fleming
36.The Spontanious Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits by Gregg Braden
37. Becoming a Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Transcend Commodity and Defy Comparison by Joe Calloway
38. Building an Empire by Brian Carruthers
39. Launch by Jeff Walker
40. The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
41. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
42. The Way of The Seal by Mark Divine
43. I am Zlatan by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
44. The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking
45. Tribes by Seth Godin
46. Guide to Greatness by Robin Sharma
47. Master The Money Game by Anthony Robbins
48. The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy
49. Superhuman by Dave Asprey
50. Taking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
51. A Billion Wicked Thoughts: What the World’s Largest Experiment Reveals about Human Desire by Ogi Ogas
52. Death is of vital importance by Elisabeth Kubler Ross
53. The Wonder Weeks by Frans X. Plooji
54. Sell Like Crazy by Sabri Subi
55. The Power of your Potential by Wayne Dyer
56. Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferris
57. If this is a man by Primo Levi
58. Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi
59. The Drowned and the saved by Primo Levi
60. Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris
61. Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn
62. Life 3.0 by Max Tegemark
63. Robert Kuok a Memoir by Andrew Tanzer
64. The Davinci Method by Garret Loporto
65. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
66. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
67. Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford
68. The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder
69. In the Shower with Picasso by Christian Stadil
70. Deep Truth by Gregg Braden
71. Rising Strong by Brené Brown
72. Brand Desire by Karen Hoisington
73. Rule One by Phil Town
74. Payback Time by Phil Town
75. The Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden
76. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
77. Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger
78. Min hemlighet by Petter Stordalen
79. Above All Else by Chris Widener
80. You Can Make It Happen by Graham Stedman
81. The Attention Switch by Itzik Amiel
82. An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Col. Chris Hadfield
83. The Greatest Networker in the World by John Milton Fogg
84. The ABCs of Success by Bob Proctor
85. Little Voice Mastery by Blair Singer
86. Radical Remission by Kelly Turner
87. Letters from a Stoic by Seneca
88. The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
89. The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
90. The Fearless Networker by Todd Falcone
91. Dune by Frank Herbert
92. 7 Habits of Higly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
93. 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma
94. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson
95. Directselling Success by Randy Gage
96. Green Lights by Mathew McConaughey
97. Your Music and People by Derek Sivers
98. Efortless by GregMcKeown
99. Hold On to Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld/Gabor Mate
100. Miljardmakarna by Emma Ahlén Pouya
List of Top Ten Books that made an extra impact:
1. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
2. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
3. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
4. Death is of vital importance by Elisabeth Kubler Ross
5. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
6. Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. Green Lights by Mathew McConaughey
8. Your Music and the People by Derek Sivers
9. 7 Habits of Higly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
10. Radical Remission by Kelly Turner
List of Top Ten Videos/Documentaries that made an extra impact:
- Eric Thomas: When You Want to Succeed as Bad as You Want to Breathe
- Fantastic Fungi – Netflix
- 14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible – Netflix
- Grizzly Man
- World War II: The Lost Colour Archives
- I am Not Your Guru – Anthony Robbins
- The Last Dance – Netflix
- Free Solo – Alex Honnold
- Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons – Netflix
- Man on Wire
List of Top 5 Articles that made an impact:
1. The Flywheel Effect by Jim Collins
2. Bitcoin for The Open Minded Skeptic
3. Mastering the Non-Logical Arts by Michael Pietrzac
4. The Tail End by Tim Urban
5. A Thousand True Fans by Kevin Kelly
Top Ten Lessons from these past 11 years:
1. How you perceive what is happening to you and the conversation you have in yourself inside you head determines your reality. You can create your own reality by hijacking your own programming
2. Keep training your ability to get up fast when you have been hit hard. Problems will never go away, but your ability to keep moving and deal with the problems will be the secret key
3. Have a goal-setting and tracking system to keep you on track day after day, month after month, year after year. Strive to become a champion of life instead of a meteoric appearance
4. Have the courage to pause or stop different projects so you don’t lose focus and energy.
5. Delegate and only focus on working with A-Players! Otherwise the price, time and energy you will spend on fixing and repairing things will drain you and suffocate your potential and mission
6. Raise your financial intelligence and take control over your economy. If not everything else will suffer
7. Focus on your strengths and high paying, high-value projects. It takes the same energy and commitment as the opposite but the results will be vastly different
8. Love, Gratitude and Integrity should guide every action you take
9. Develop and conceptualize concepts that you can control fully
10. Protect your golden shine from erosion. Decadence, complacency, and failures compound over time. If the golden shine erodes more doors will close than open and one day you will wake up having lost you spark.
Top 3 Losses from these past 11 years:
- I lost my mother Mirela on October 26, 2013 at exactly 15.50 (this was actually on her birthday). No words can describe the pain and even though time is supposed to heal all the wounds, it hasn’t. This is a pain that I will carry with me, sometimes it gives me energy and sometimes it drains me.
- I lost my grandmother Viorica on February 19, 2016 while climbing Kilimanjaro. She was a beacon of light and pure joy in my life. She passed away without knowing if her only son (my biological father) was still alive.
- Several times I lost businesses that went completely dead after I have invested years of effort and tears in building things up and I had to start all over again. I had a stretch of almost 4 years when I was fighting against all odds.
What is something you wish you learned earlier in life?
I had the opportunity to connect with so many interesting individuals from all walks of life. This is the question that I asked them. Below are some answers that other people shared with me that I find extremely precious.
- Use your time wisely and try not to hold any grudges
- Be satisfied with what you have achieved but never settle
- Prestige is poison, it can kill you
- Be more understanding about other people, everyone is fighting a battle you can’t see
- Don’t be afraid of taking risks and fail, that is the best way to learn what truly works for you
- Don’t compare yourself with other people. Your journey is unique.
- Don’t waste time worrying about things that haven’t happened yet
- Work harder and put aside money for rainy days earlier in the process
- Remain grounded in your feelings, that way you don’t need to escape when things get tough
- Communicate clearly what you want and what you don’t want
- Slow down and be more kind to yourself. You can’t be kind to others if you are not kind to yourself first.
- Eliminate the inner fear so you can hear your intuition taking to you
- It is impossible to please everyone. Focus on the people and projects that give you energy
- Tell people you love and care for how you feel, one day it will be the last time you meet them
- Life is not eternal, understand that your time is limited and strive to be a kind person
If you don’t already have an accountability partner I highly recommend you get one!
Why? Having someone that can keep you accountable, exchange ideas and help you be your best is imperative.
I have had the privilege to be connected to my accountability partner Dr. Antonio Soler for 9 straight years now! I am so thankful. If you want to find out more about Antonio and his amazing work regarding health and nutrition: https://www.linkedin.com/in/antonio-soler-m-d-0a63025a/
3 Things that I am worried about going forward (same as last year):
- Cancel Culture: the freedom of speech getting more and more suppressed to the point when people no longer have the courage to share what they really think and stand for. Getting banned from social media, loosing your job or not being able to get on a plane soon because you don’t conform. Having been living under the communist regime in Romania I know how it feels. Most people in the western world and the younger generations have no clue. It stinks and it will take a long time to get the stink out.
- Fragility: people becoming more and more fragile especially children. Without going through all experiences in life so we can fall and get up, we become paralyzed to the point where fear runs our decisions.
- Divide and Conquer: friends and family members going head to head on different issues and subjects to the point where they hate one another. This is exactly what the Romans used to do when conquering other countries. They made sure to first divide the people so they couldn’t organize themselves and attack back. This phenomenon is now massive AND all over the world. The strategy is old but effective. Who gains from it?
3 Things I am looking forward to:
- Being present in the moment and being a part of my daughter’s development. This is the best gift of my life and she is here to teach me things so I can push my boundaries and shatter old paradigms.
- Release my second book Don’t Follow the White Rabbit and create a free digital course for young people connected to each chapter of the book to facilitate and enhance the realization of core skills needed to achieve lofty dreams.
- Continue to learn new skills and apply more than I have before in my professional field while becoming better and more willing to share insights with others and being a contributor to the ongoing success of Fenix Funeral & Law.
As usual I want to thank everyone that has helped me and inspired me:
My wife Michélle, my sweet Adeline, my grandfather Vasile Moldovan, my grandmother Georgeta, my father Dr.Vasile Salagean, Claes Blomqvist, Johannes Ekblad, Anders Karlsson, Sami Sulieman, my spiritual guide Mats Lundberg, Dr.Antonio Soler my accountablity partner and Darren Hardy my mentor.
If you want to change your environment and leave earth for awhile, enroll for a short visit to space with Virgin Galactic. It will give you a new perspective on things. I just joined the waiting list, but I feel I need to do just a bit more compounding before it materializes.
Swim far, go deep and trust the process!
Author of Rise Up Champion: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1537798340
Featured on TEDx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppbwElbRuiM
* I AM THE LINK *